Manager As Coach
Custom In-House workshop
Learn to coach your team for improved work performance.
about this workshop
Effective developmental coaching can change people’s attitudes, awareness, and skills. It is one of the most important skills a leader can possess, yet it is too often one of the greatest areas for improvement.
In this highly interactive workshop, you will learn and practice the critical skills needed to be an effective coach. Your leadership ability will increase as you fully engage your team and achieve high performance through effective coaching. This program challenges participants to become the kind of person from whom others genuinely want to receive coaching, to create trusting relationships, and to engage in performance changing conversations.
Understand what High-Performance Coaching is (and what it is not).
Participate in the personal growth of others while developing high-performance coaching skills.
Give employees feedback while eliminating the drama – resulting in more productive conversations.
Discover how to ask good questions to increase employee buy-in.
Discover and develop the strengths and talent of others on your team.
Increase Team Engagement
Improve engagement of your team through creating a culture of personal development.
Challenge others to hold themselves accountable for results.
Achieve significant business results by coaching in areas that can provide the most impact and leverage for the organization.
Personalize the application of the material with a follow-up 45 minute 1:1 coaching session with the workshop facilitator.
Manager as Coach
This course will cover these topics in an interactive and highly engaging way. To ensure maximum collaboration, learning, and individualized attention, the class size is kept small and participants make progress on real-world challenges while in class.
- Identify when to provide informal versus formal coaching.
- How to use coaching as a performance and also a developmental tool.
- Learn the five-step Stewart Leadership Coaching Model: 1) Clarifying the Objective, 2) Assessing the Situation, 3) Providing Feedback, 4) Creating Goals, and 5) Providing Support.
- Discuss the eight essential coaching skills: Building Rapport, Asking Questions, Active Listening, Providing Feedback, Brainstorming, Goal Setting, Encouraging, and Recognizing.
- Practice using the coaching model and coaching skills through real life scenarios with peer feedback.
- Leave with tools and a personal action plan for development and have a follow up 45-minute, 1 on 1 coaching session.
Want to Know More?
“Time tested leadership principles, clearly presented, conveniently packaged, easily remembered and applied.”