Cultural Assessment & Integration
Align culture with talent and strategy to optimize growth
Culture is created and established every day through the behaviors and norms of teams and individuals within your organization. It’s critical to design and construct the desired cultural attributes needed to succeed as a team. Partner with Stewart Leadership through all M&A activity to ensure cultural integration is a success.
Stewart Leadership’s M&A Cultural Integration Solution
Each merger and acquisition is unique. Having a cultural integration solution will help identify issues early on so organizations can create a plan to overcome them. Together with Stewart Leadership, companies can improve integration execution and ultimately prevent talent and culture challenges in the future.
Stewart Leadership’s Cultural Assessment & Integration program uses interviews, surveys, and focus groups to assess and identify gaps in an organization’s current culture. To start, our consultants will conduct an organizational culture assessment to highlight the following:
- Cultural alignment and risks across organizations
- Employee satisfaction and retention risk
- Strengths and opportunities
Using this information, we will create a cultural integration plan tailored specifically for your organization’s future success.
How Stewart Leadership Manages the People Side of an Acquisition
Mergers and acquisitions have two sides: the business side and the people side. Too often, organizations spend the majority of their focus on the business side, leaving the people side as an afterthought. The people side involves leadership alignment, cultural integration, and organizational design. Without this, value from the M&A activity can be completely lost.
Stewart Leadership’s Cultural Assessment & Integration program follows these four steps to ensure people are aligned during a merger and/or acquisition:
- Build an Integration Team – To start, our consultants will encourage the creation of a well-balanced integration team made up of leaders from all departments within the organization. This team is designed to support healthy communication as cultural integration strategies are developed and implemented.
- Retain Pivotal Talent – Next, we’ll help the team to identify key team members who embody the needed culture and attitude required for the organization to be successful in the future. It’s important for everyone to understand their role and how it fits into future organizational plans in order to build a foundation of trust.
- Understand & Align Cultures – When we have people in the right places, our consultants will conduct a company culture assessment to capture the current state and discuss why things are done the way they are. Keep in mind, it’s usually easier to adopt and modify an existing culture than it is to create a new one. Respecting differences in approach and thinking is key to a successful cultural alignment.
- Plan for Day One & Onboarding – The final step of our four-step process is to develop a clear transition plan for the first 90 days including monthly check-ins for the first year. The transition must be guided from an individual, team, and organizational perspective in order to ensure clarity and understanding from all levels.
Cultural integration is often the root cause of an M&A’s failure or success. Stewart Leadership helps organizations focus on the people side of an acquisition so the business side doesn’t take full control of the company’s time and resources.
Partner with Stewart Leadership during any M&A activity and create a unique approach for your organization’s cultural integration plan. The process will be customized to meet the expectations of your organization and promote transparency through any acquisition.